Basic characteristics and advantages of wafer type ball valve
Compared with ordinary ball valves, wafer type thin ball valves have the obvious advantages of short structure length, light weight, convenient installation and material saving. Wafer insulation jacket ball valve insulation effect is good. In addition, the valve seat adopts an elastic sealing structure, which is reliable in sealing and easy to open and close. Equipped with refractory structure, in case of fire, it can still operate reliably and has good sealing performance.
The thin ball valve body channel and the connecting pipe have the same diameter and form a diameter, and the medium can flow through almost without loss. Thin ball valve products are usually used in places with strict sealing requirements and limited space, suitable for controlling gas, liquid, steam, sewage and media containing fibrous impurities.
The characteristics of the thin ball valve are rapid opening and closing, light weight, small volume, convenient for pipeline installation, and can be equipped with electric and pneumatic to achieve remote and automatic control, which is an excellent choice for equipment matching.
Advantages of thin ball valves
1. Ball valve has low flow resistance (actually zero).
2. The ball valve does not get stuck during operation (when there is no lubricant), so it can be reliably used in corrosive media and low boiling point liquids.
3. It can be completely sealed in a large range of pressure and temperature.
4. Quick opening and closing can be realized. The opening and closing time of some structures is only 0.05 ～ 0.1s to ensure that it can be used in the automation system of the test bench. When opening and closing the valve quickly, the operation is shock-free.
5. The spool of the floating ball valve can be automatically positioned in position.
6. The working medium is sealed reliably on both sides.
7. When fully open and fully closed, the sealing surfaces of the ball and valve seat are isolated from the medium, so the medium passing through the valve at high speed will not cause erosion of the sealing surface.
8, compact structure, light weight, it can be considered that it is a reasonable valve structure for low temperature media systems.
9. The valve body is symmetrical, especially the welded ball valve that welds the valve body structure, and can well withstand the stress from the pipeline.
10. The closing element (spool) can withstand the high pressure difference between the inlet and outlet of the ball valve when it is closed.
11. Ball valve with fully welded valve body can be directly buried in the ground after lengthening the stem, so that the internal and external parts of the valve are not eroded, and the service life is up to 30 years.
Because the thin ball valve has the above advantages, it has a wide range of applications. The ball valve can be applied to: 1. Nominal diameter from 8 mm to 1200 mm. 2. The nominal pressure is from vacuum to 42MPa. 3. The working temperature ranges from -196 degrees to 815 degrees.